Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lesbian point of view: Difference between dating a man vs.woman

There are a few major differences when dating a woman.

Before I met my girlfriend I dated men...and only men. I had always wondered what it would be like to date someone of the same sex. Would the dynamic really be that different? Yes and no.

      1. The Sex. There, I said it. I need to get this one out of the way immediately!
I don't know why  more lesbians don't talk about this, or if we just got really lucky with each other, but OH.MY.GOD.
I remember watching the "L Word" in my new lesbian days and thinking "C'mon, these sex scenes aren't real. They're over doing it just a tad, it can't be THAT good.
I was wrong, very, very wrong. It's that good and better. Maybe I'll elaborate more in another post, or maybe I'll just grin every time a guy makes some snide comment about how I'm unsatisfied. If he only knew...

     2. The Fights. Fighting with a girl has proven to be very different than fighting with guys. For one thing, sometimes the second my lady says something she know I may interpret as offensive, she's apologizing for it in the next breath. She has intuition like a man wouldn't. Other times, it's just like dating a man. She knows something is wrong but is met with the response, "I'm fine", or even better, "nothing is wrong". I remember the first time I had upset her. She started to cry, like really cry. My reaction went something like this:
 

   3. The neediness. Now this goes both ways, we're both needy. I'm just used to being the only needy one in the relationship. When was the last time your boyfriend got upset with you because you wanted to run to the store...alone? Or, have you ever had to tell your boyfriend that you couldn't cuddle for 10 minutes in the morning because you were late to work? It's funny. I adore this girl, it's just that sometimes I'm taken back by how much of a girl she is :)

   4. The sex. Did I mention the sex?

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment